2019/2020 10. Sınıf Gizem Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Cevapları 1. Ünite (School Life)
2019/2020 10. Sınıf Gizem Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 8
A. You can see the places at a school in the pictures. Label them with the words in the list below.
- music room
- science lab
- staff room
- computer lab
- art room
B. Use some of the words in activity A to complete the following sentences.
1. staff room
2. computer lab
3. science lab
4. music room
10. Sınıf İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 9
C. The headmaster of a high school is talking to a school cleaner. Listen to the conversation and complete the table below
D. Fill in the missing letters and fnd the free time activities.
1. READING A BOOK
3. PLAYING BASKETBALL
5. WATCHING A MOVIE
7. SURFING THE NET
8. RIDING A BIKE
10. Sınıf İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 10
I. Work in pairs. Read the following profles about four diﬀerent pupils and choose one of them. Imagine you are that person and talk about yourself.
- My name is Simon Taylor. I’m from Liverpool. I have a sister and a brother. My father is a doctor and my mother is a teacher. My favorite subjects are ICT and music. I like playing computer games and playing the guitar in my free time.
- My name is Jenny Stone. I’m from London. I have two sisters but I don’t have a brother. My father is an engineer and my mother is a nurse. My favorite subjects are maths and physics. I like watching documentaries and riding a bike in my free time.
- My name is Nancy Roberts. I’m from Bristol. I have a sister and two brothers. My father is a dentist and my mother is an artist. My favorite subjects are literature and art. I like reading and drawing in my free time.
- My name is Fred Simpson. I’m from Leeds. I don’t have any sisters or brothers. My father is a vet and my mother is an architect. My favorite subjects are biology and PE. I like playing football and swimming in my free time
10. Sınıf İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 11
J. Work in pairs. Read the profles again and choose another person this time. Take turns to ask each other questions. Use the information given and answer your partner’s questions.
1. What’s your name?
2. Where are you from?
3. How many sisters or brothers do you have?
4. What does your father do?
5. What does your mother do?
6. What are your favorite subjects?
7. What do you like doing in your free time?/ What are your hobbies?
K. Read the following text and choose the best answer.
- The text is an extract from a magazine article.
10. Sınıf İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 12
L. Read the text and complete the diagram
- TERM 1: starts in September- ends in December
- TERM 2: starts in January- ends in March
- TERM 3: starts in April- ends in July
M. Read the text again and circle the correct alternative in each sentence below.
3. two weeks
7. video games
N. Read the text again. Match the words with the defnitions.
- 1.d / 2.c / 3.a / 4.b
O. Use the words above and complete the following sentences.
- 1. chatting 2. lasts 3. terms 4. texting
10. Sınıf İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 13
- Similarities : The first term usually starts in September. There’s a one-week holiday in February in England, and there is usually a one-week holiday at the end of January and one more week off at the beginning of February in Turkey. The longest school holiday in England is in the summer and it is the same in Turkey.
- Differences: The academic year in England has three terms, but the academic year in Turkey has two terms. The first term usually ends in December in England but it usually ends in January in Turkey. English pupils have a one-week holiday at the end of October but Turkish pupils don’t. English pupils have Christmas holiday but Turkish pupils don’t. In England the second term begins in January and ends in March but in Turkey the second term usually begins in February and ends in June. English pupils have Easter holiday but Turkish pupils don’t. English pupils have a one-week holiday at the end of May but Turkish pupils don’t. The summer holiday in England is from the middle of July to the end of August but it is from the middle of June to the middle of September in Turkey. The summer holiday lasts six weeks in England but it lasts nearly twelve weeks in Turkey.