2018/2019 11.Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı (Silver Lining) Cevapları (9. Ünite- My Friends)
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 110
1 a. What does friendship mean to you? Write six words on the mind map.
2 Look at the similes below. Fill in the blanks using them.
- 1. as fit as a fiddle
- 2. as sweet as honey
- 3. as thick as thieves
- 4. as gentle as a lamb
- 5. as wise as an owl
- 6. as busy as a bee
- 7. as graceful as a swan
- 8. as strong as an ox
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 111
3 Match the sayings with the photos.
- 1. c 2. b 3. a
4. Listen to two friends working on a school project on friendship. Match the names with the similes as you hear them. One simile is extra.
- 1. e 2. a 3. d 4. b c is extra
5. Listen again and write true (T) or false (F).
- 1. FALSE (They were not childhood friends.)
- 2. TRUE
- 3. TRUE
- 4. FALSE (They have different lifestyles.)
- 5. TRUE
- 6. FALSE (They also chose friends from their class.)
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 112
2 Fill in the blanks with the given words below.
- 1. edgy 2. sincere 3. trustworthy
- 4. modest 5. loyal 6. ferce
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 113
3 Complete the statements below with the idioms in the frst paragraph of the text.
- 1. shoulder to cry on 2. close to heart 3. a bed of roses
4 Read the text quickly and complete the statements.
- 1. a cat, a horse and a rescue kitty
- 2. South Africa
- 3. re-homing
- 4. father, homeless
5 & Read the text again and answer the questions below.
- 1. Because they have to work very hard to be the best all the time.
- 2. The purpose of Ian Somerholder’s organisation is to end animal testing and to prevent animal cruelty.
- 3. She is a sincere animal lover with a soft heart.
- 4. Ricky Gervais protects the animal rights on social media.
- 5. He is tough on people but gentle with animals.
6 Complete the pairs of opposites with the bold words from the text.
- 1. unnoticeable x eye-catching
- 2. gentle x ferce
- 3. calm x edgy
- 4. short-lived / temporary x enduring
- 5. insincere x sincere
- 6. untrustworthy x trustworthy
- 7. disloyal x loyal
- 8. arrogant x modest
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 115
A. Read the text and write the activities people do on friendship day.
- 1. They meet to have dinner.
- 2. They make friendship cards / prepare special gifts.
- 3. They exchange friendship bands / gifts / fowers.
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 116
1 a. Here are fun activities to do with friends. Match them with the pictures
- 5 organisation party
- 6 concert in the park
- 8 iron chef night
- 2 camping
- 1 clip show
- 3 frock swap
- 7 city break
- 4 movie marathon
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 117
2 Complete the defnitions using the activities in exercise 1.
- 1. camping / 2. frock swap / 3. city break
- 4. concert in the park / 5. iron chef night / 6. organisation party
- 7. movie marathon / 8. clip show
3 Listen to the presentations and write the name of the activity each speaker describes.
- 1. movie marathon 2. iron chef night 3. frock swap
4 Listen again. Complete the chart below with the necessary information.
place of the activity
|1st activity||at least fve||flms, popcorn, sweeties, drinks dimp|
lights, dark curtains, music
|9 in the evening|
|2nd activity||2-4||ingredients, cooking utensils||a friend’s|
|Last Friday of the|
|3rd activity||around 11||clothes, full-length mirrors||a friend’s house||an afternoon every|
5 Match the proverbs and sayings below with the activities you have learnt in the listening section. Then discuss what they mean
1. frock swap 2. movie marathon 3. iron chef night
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 118
5 & Read the text again. Complete the blanks in the article with the following sentences. There is one extra.
- 1. c / 2. e / 3. g / 4. a
- 5. b / 6. d / f Extra
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 119
6 Complete the sentences below using the highlighted words in the text.
- 1. reasonable prices
- 2. historic sites
- 3. bargain fights
- 4. matchy friends
- 5. travel off-season