2018/2019 11.Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı (Silver Lining) Cevapları (7. Ünite)
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 86
1.a Look at the expressions about Turkey. Guess and tick the true one.
- 2. Two of the seven wonders of the ancient world are in Tukey.
- 3. Istanbul is the only city on Earth built on two continents.
- 4. Every year millions of tourists visit Turkey.
- 5. Wrting was first used by people in ancient Anatolia.
2. Guess if the following information about Ephesus is true or false.
- FALSE (Only 10% of the site has been xcavated.)
- FALSE (It was by Galius Julius Aquila for his father.)
- FALSE (They used to go to the public baths on seperate days)
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 87
3. Listen to a tourist guide telling about Ephesus to his group. Put the sites in the order of their visit.
- The Temple of Hadrian
- The Curetes Street
- The Public Latrines
- The Terrace Houses
- The Celsus Library
- The Great Theatre
- The Ephesus Museum
4. Listen again and choose the correct option to complete the sentences.
1.Roman / 2. Eartquakes / 3. Mosaics / 4. houses / 5. 25,000 / 6. concerts
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 88
1a. Read the speech bubbles below and match them with the photos they describe.
- 1.c / 2. a / 3. b
2. Choose the closest meanings of the underlinde words.
- 1.a / 2. b / 3. a / 4. a / 5. b / 6. a
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 89
3. Read the text and write true, false or not stated.
- FALSE (It was discovered by an old shepherd)
- FALSE ( They are having difficulty in understanding)
- NOT STATED
4. Read the teaxt again and put the events in the chronological order.
- a. 5 / b. 2 / c.3 / d. 1 / e. 4
5. Replace the underlinded words with the highlighted ones in the text. Make necessary changes.
- dug out
- puzzled out
- carried out
- found out
- wiped out
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 91
A. Match the English proverbs with their explanations.
- 1.c / 2.a / 3. d / 4. e / 5. e / 6. b
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 92
1.Do the quiz on myths and facts about Turkey. Write myth or fact next to the statements.
1.MYTH / 2. MYTH / 3. FACT / 4. MYTH / 5. FACT
2. Choose the closest meanings of the underlined words / phrases.
- 1.a / 2. c / 3. b / 4. a / 5. a / 6. b
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 93
3a. Look at the photos and share what you know about them.
- The Maiden’s Tower is a small tower that kocated on a tiny island in Bosporus.
- The Trojan Horse is a mythological wooden horse that the Greeks used in order to enter the city of Troy and won the war.
- Mount Chimaera is a place which is famous for constantly burning rocks in Antalya.
b. Listen to the people telling the myths about the photos above and put them in the correct order as you hear.
- The Trojan Horse.
- The Maiden’s Tower.
- Mount Chimaera
4. Listen again and complete the sentences in the chart.
- Myths 1. the horse , their city
- 2. a tower , was killed
- 3. aggressive , the mountain
- Facts 1 . burnt down , imaginary
- 2. lighthouse , prison
- 3. natural gas , 2.500
5. Read the statements about the myths and facts. Write true or false.
- FALSE (He put his daughter in a tower because he believed in fortune tellers.)
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 94
1.Match the cities with the historical sites or monuments in your country. Share what you know about them.
- 1.e / 2. d / 3. f / 4. c / 5. b / 6. a
2. Match the historical sites given in exercise 1 with the information below.
- 1.d / 2. e / 3. a / 4. c / 5. / 6. b
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 95
3. Choose the closest meanings of the underlined idioms.
- 1. a / 2. a / 3. b / 4. a
5. Match the highlighted words with their definitions.
- mind blowing
- content myself with
- worth it