2018/2019 11.Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı (Silver Lining) Cevapları (3. Ünite)
SAYFA 38 CEVAPLARI
1: Match the prizes and awards with the pictures.
1. B / 2. E / 3. C / 4. F / 5. A / 6. D
2: Read the statements about the Nobel Prize. Guess and write true (T) or false (F)
1. True 2. True 3. False / 4. True /5. False / 6. True
3: Match the halves to make meaningful sentences about Marie Curie.
1.d / 2.a / 3.e / 4. c / 5. b
4: Listen to Thilda and Patrick talking about an assignment on scientist Marie Curie. Tick the infotmation you hear about her.
1 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7
SAYFA 39 CEVAPLARI
5:Listen again and match the events.
1.c / 2. e / 3. a / 4. d / 5 .f / 6. b
SAYFA : 40
2: Match the words with the related sentences.
1. Poverty / 2. failure / 3. racism / 4. disability / 5. illiteracy
SAYFA : 41
3: Guess the meanings of the ınderlined idioms and choose the correct option.
1:a / 2: b / 3: b / 4: a
4a: Read the essay and underline the thesis statement.
- Remember that we may came across challenges when we try to achieve our goals, but failure is just a step to be successful.
4b: Now, insert the topic sentences into the paragraphs. One is extra.
5: Read the sample challenges and write the names of the people in the essay.
1: Maria Runyan / 2: Albert Einstein / 3: Jim Carrey
6: Read the essay again and answer the following questions.
- He had to work after school.
- Because he had dyslexia, disability of reading or writing.
- She trained very hard in her track career.
- They are all hardworking and determined. They never gave up trying during hard times.
7: Choose the highlighted words in the essay and complete the sentences.
1: obstacles / 2: suffer /3: inspire / 4: drop out of / 5: overcome / 6: challenges
SAYFA : 43
Read the facts about Olympics, the Oscars and Fifa World Cup. Place the following facts in the missing parts.
Olympics : 3
The Oscars : 1
Fifa World Cup : 2
SAYFA : 44
1a: Read the hard times that Mr Parker has experienced throughout his life. Put them in the chronological order.
- When I was a toddler, I used to have eating problems. I was physically weaker than others.
- Teachers used to give a lot of homework bıt I always wanted to go out and play games.
- I suffered from acne during high school. I used to worry about it a lot.
- After I graduated from the university, I couldn’t find a job for two years.
- Raising children and trying to make ends meet were not easy in 30s.
- I have a number of health problems as I am old now. Life is getting harder every day.
2: Match the following words.
1: c / 2: e / 3: a / 4: b / 5: d
SAYFA : 45
4: Listen to the dialogue between Colt and his father, Steve. Put the pictures in the correct order.
1: e / 2: c / 3. g / 4. b / 5. a / 6. f / 7. d
5: Listen to the dialogue again and write true (T) or false (F).
- False (They were rude )
- False ( It became much worse)
- False ( He used to eat a lot of junk food)
- False (A few months later he had a wonderful skin.)
SAYFA : 46
2: Guess the meanings of the underlined idioms and choose the correct options.
1: a / 2. b / 3. b / 4. a