2018/2019 11.Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı (Silver Lining) Cevapları (10. Ünite- Values and Norms)
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 122
1 Look at the quotes below and match them with the people. Then, discuss what they mean.
1. Rumi: c / 2. Yunus Emre: a / 3. Hacı Bektaş Veli: b
2 a. & Read the seven principles of Rumi and match them with the messages they give. More than one option is possible.
- Forgive others. (3,6)
- Be patient and understanding. (4,6)
- Stay calm and keep your balance. (6)
- Love is a must for everyone. (2)
- Honesty is the best policy. (7)
- Share what you have. (1)
- Let go of your ego. (5)
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 123
3 a. Listen to the interview with Prof. Olsen and fnd out what he is talking about
- He is talking about the Seven Principles of Rumi.
b Listen again and choose the main idea of the interview.
- We should both understand and follow the principles of Rumi.
4 Listen to the interview again and write true (T) or false (F).
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 124
1 a. & Read the statements about cultural norms of different countries and guess if they are true (T) or false (F).
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 125
3 Complete the sentences using the highlighted words from the text
- 1. cultural awareness
- 2. norms
- 3. etiquette
- 4. culture shock
- 5. custom
4 a. & Read the text again and complete the table with the cultural norms and values of each country.
-insisting on paying the bill
-making direct eye
-taking off shoes at home
|-eating a little bread|
-not insisting on paying
|-using brief sentences|
-avoiding direct eye
-bowing when greeting
-taking off shoes
-being friendly and
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 127
A. Read the following statements and write true (T) or false (F).
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 128
2 & Read the sentences and choose the correct option for the words in bold.
1. a 2. b 3. a 4. b 5. a
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 129
3 Listen to Tanita and Kevin talking about the book The Little Prince and circle the correct option.
1. b 2. a 3. a 4. b
4 Listen to the dialogue again and write true (T) or false (F). Correct the false ones.
- 1. TRUE
- 2. TRUE
- 3. FALSE Kevin thinks no matter how many times you read the book, you take away more messages.
- 4. FALSE Tanita was surprised when she realized that the narrator was a grown-up.
- 5. TRUE
- 6. FALSE We can’t identify the appearance of the narrator as there is no detailed self-portrait in the book.
- 8.FALSE Children have a deep understanding of the truly important things in life.
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 130
2 & Read the summary of The Little Prince focusing on the highlighted words. Use your dictionaries to choose their antonyms.
- 1. a 2. a 3. b 4. b 5. a 6. b
11. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 131
3 & Read the summary again and answer the questions.
- 1. It was written by Antoine de Saint Exupery.
- 2. It has been read for almost a century.
- 3. Because it touches the universal moral values.
- 4. No, it is both for adults and children.
- 5. The Little Prince fnds out that the people on Earth don’t invest their lives in anyone else because they’re completely selfsh
4 & Reread the summary of The Little Prince to choose the main idea.
- 2. Love is the only path that leads you to happiness