10. Sınıf Gizem Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları 2. Ünite
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 24
A. Label the pictures with the celebration types in the list below.
- birthday party
- wedding ceremony
- graduation ceremony
- dinner party
- surprise party
- fancy dress party
- housewarming party
- garden party
B. Discuss the following questions in pairs.
- Birthday parties, wedding ceremonies,graduation ceremonies, dinner parties,surprise parties, wedding anniversaries and garden parties are popular in our country.
- Yes, I do. (I usually organize a party. I also buy a gift.)
- Balloons, gifts, music, cake, cookies and drinks.
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 25
A. Watch the video. What type of celebration are Amy, Betty and James organizing? Choosethe correct answer. (Video 2.1)
- b. a wedding anniversary
B. Watch the video again and choose the correct answer.
- 1. a / 2. b / 3. c / 4. b / 5. a / 6. c / 7. b
Read the sentences from the video. Pay attention to the idioms in bold. Use your own words and write their meanings.
- 1. very happy
- 2. have/organize/arrange the party
- 3. help me
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 28
A. Read the dialogue below. Can you guess the meaning of this expression?
- Would you like to play tennis?/ Do you want to play tennis?
B. Read the dialogue again and match these idioms with their meanings
- 1. b 2. a
A. Listen to Mandy and Alex. Circle the correct alternative. (Audio 2.3)
- meet up
B. Listen to the conversation again. Look at the table and fill in the missing information.
- Mandy: Saturday- afternoon: free / Saturday- evening: join her aunt’s housewarming party / Sunday- morning: go ice skating with some classmates / Sunday- afternoon: free / Sunday- evening: go to the funfair
- Alex: Saturday- afternoon: finish biology project / Saturday- evening: free / Sunday- morning: free / Sunday- afternoon: play tennis with Mike / Sunday- evening: go to the funfair
C. Listen again and correct the mistakes in the following sentences.
- 1. Alex’s guitar course finishes at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday.
- 2. Alex doesn’t have any plans for Saturday after 6 p.m.
- 3. Mandy’s aunt is having a housewarming party on Saturday evening.
- 4. Mandy’s going to spend her Sunday morning with her classmates.
- 5. Alex’s tennis practice finishes at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- 6. Mandy and Alex are planning to meet at 7 p.m. on Sunday.
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 29
D. Listen to the following conversations and fll in the missing words. Audio 2.4)
- Conversation 1:
Arthur: Have you got any plans for tomorrow?
- Barry: Yes. Actually, I’m very busy. I’m going to pack my baggage tomorrow morning. I’m flying to Paris at 2 p.m. I’ve already bought my ticket.
Arthur: Oh, right. When are you coming back?
Barry: On Friday. My flight arrives at 11 a.m.
Arthur: OK. I’ll call you on Friday afternoon then. Bye.
Barry: Goodbye. Take care.
- Conversation 2:
Tom: Hurry up, Pam! We should leave the house now. Our bus leaves at 8:30 a.m. and we have 20 minutes to catch it.
Pam: All right, Tom. Start the car. I’ll be out in a few minutes.
- Conversation 3:
Mrs. Hill: What are your plans for the future, Casey?
Casey: I’m going to be an engineer. I think I’ll work for a big company in 10 years from now.
Mrs. Hill: I’m sure you’ll be very successful. And I hope you’ll be rich one day.
- Conversation 4:
Paul: Susan’s looking for you.
Kate: OK. I’ll see her in the classroom.
Paul: Mary and I are going to the gym after school. We’re going to play volleyball. Why don’t you join us?
Kate: Yeah, why not? I’ll come with you.
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 31
C. Work in pairs. Match the sentences to make the dialogues and then act them out.
- 1. d / 2. g / 3. c / 4. a / 5. e / 6. f /7. b
D. Work with a diﬀerent partner. Use your own words to complete the dialogues and act them out
- Oh, I’ll close the window./ I’ll turn on the heater./ I’ll turn up the eating./ I’ll bring you a blanket.
- It’s OK. I’ll help you with it./ Don’t worry. I’ll help you (to) carry it.
- Really? I’ll take them off and put on some clean ones./ Oh, I’ll go into the bedroom to change./ I’ll get changed immediately./ I’ll go and change./ I’ll change into some clean ones.
- All right. We’ll go to another one./ No problem. We’ll go and find a quiet one.
- Don’t worry. I’ll lend you $2./ No matter. I’ll give you $2.
- OK. I’ll go and buy some./ No problem. I’ll go to the supermarket now
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 32
Read the following paragraph and write the advantages of planners.
- They make your life easier because you write down everything you need to remember and you won’t forget anything.
- They take stress away from your life.
- You will be more organized and you won’t waste time.
- You can spend more time with your family and friends.
- When you complete a task and cross it out in your planner, you will feel self-confident and you will believe you can achieve your goals
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 33
A. Read Dora’s planner below and circle the correct alternative.
B. Read the planner again. Which of the following information can we infer about Dora? Tick (√) the correct statements.
- (1) She isn’t a housewife.
- (5) She has some health problems with her teeth.
- (6) She has got children.
- (7) Her grandmother is still alive.
C. Read the statements below. Then read Dora’s planner for the next day again and circle T for true or F for false for each statement.
- FALSE (She’s having lunch with Mike and Katie at one o’clock.)
- FALSE (She’s seeing the dentist at three o’clock.)
- FALSE (She’s going to her children’s school at five o’clock.)
- FALSE (She’s going to buy some groceries.)
- FALSE (She’s going to call her grandmother./ She’s going to send an email to Jack.)
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 34
D. Read the following text. Does it include Aldin’s plans about education?
E. Work with your partner. Read the text again. Take turns to talk about Aldin’s plans.
- Aldin is going to become a professional athlete. He’s sure he’ll be a national champion in five years. He wants to represent his country on the international platform so he’s going to join the European championships. He hopes he’ll be very successful. After that, he’s going to take part in the Olympic Games. It’s his dream. He believes he’ll get an Olympic medal one day, and his country will be proud of him
F. Which of the following can we infer from the text? Choose the correct answer.
- d. He likes his country a lot.
G. Read the text again and pay attention to the words in bold. Match them with their meanings (a-c)
- 1. b / 2.c / 3. a
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 35
B. Read the conversations again. Match the proverbs with their meanings.
- 1. b / 2. c / 3. a