10. Sınıf Gizem Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları 1. Ünite
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 10
A. Read the questionnaire on the next page and then watch the video. Jane is asking Steve some questions. Tick (√) Jane’s questions. (Video 1.1)
- 2 /4 / 5 / 6 / 7/ 8 / 9 / 12 / 13 / 15
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 11
B. Read the statements below. Then watch the video again and circle T for true or F for false for each statement
- 1. FALSE (He lives in a house.)
- 2. FALSE (He doesn’t have any sisters or brothers.
- 3. TRUE
- 4. FALSE (She is a dentist.)
- 5. TRUE
- 6. TRUE
- 7. FALSE (He likes rock music.)
- 8. TRUE
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 13
A. Look at the picture and choose the correct answer. Then listen and check your answer.What do you think David and Mrs. Williams are talking about?
- b. David’s study habits
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 14
B. Listen to David and Mrs. Williams again. Complete the following paragraph
- study plan
- last minute
- healthy food
2. What advice can you give to a student when he/she wants to be successful? Start as follows.
- Make a study plan. Revise regularly. Start your revision early. Don’t study for your exams at the last minute. Avoid stress. Sleep well and eat healthy food in the few days before your exams.
A. Read the sentences from the conversation between David and Mrs. Williams. Choose the closest meaning.
- 1. a / 2. a / 3. b
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 16
B. Read the words in bold again and complete the table with them.
- Adjectives: compulsory – optional
- Nouns: high school – pupils
C. Read the questions in activity A again and answer them.
- Yes, I go to a high school.
- Turkish literature, Turkish grammar, history, geography, RE (religious education), PE (physical education), English, maths, biology, physics and chemistry are compulsory for me/us this year.
- Astronomy, democracy and human rights, economics, international relations, and basic religious training are optional school subjects.
- No, they don’t.
A. Read the paragraph and choose the correct answer
- The paragraph is about both (C)
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 17
B. Read the paragraph again and complete the diagrams.
- compulsory school subjects: maths – English – science – careers education – citizenship – ICT (information and communication technology) – PE (physical education)
- optional school subjects: art – music – drama – design and technology– history – geography – modern foreign languages
C. Read the following text and choose the best title for it
- a. My Daily Routine
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 18
D. Read the text again and complete the diagram as in the example
- In the morning: She wakes up at 7.30 a.m. She goes jogging for half an hour before breakfast. She catches the school bus. Her lessons begin at 9 a.m. She has compulsory subjects until the lunch break at noon.
- In the afternoon: She studies her optional subjects from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. She comes back home. She has some snacks. She listens to music. She reads a magazine. She starts her homework at 4.30 p.m. She does her homework. She revises regularly for her exams.
- In the evening: At 7 p.m. she finishes her studies and then she has dinner with her family. After that, she usually watches a movie with her family. She surfs the Net for her projects. She sometimes plays chess with her father. She goes to the theater with her parents from time to time. Finally, she reads a book before she goes to bed at 11 p.m
B. Read the optional subjects in the list. Which one(s) would you like to choose? Why?
- I’d like to choose art because I think it’s relaxing. I’m fond of drawing pictures.
- I’d like to choose design and technology
- because I think it’s interesting. It increases a student’s creativity.
- I’d like to choose folk dances because I love dancing and I want to learn different folk dances.
- I’d like to choose ICT because I’m crazy about computers. I spend most of my time in front of my PC (personal computer). I want to learn a lot about computers.
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 19
B. Work in pairs. Express your opinions about these questions. Give reasons for your answers.
- Pupils should make study plans. They should revise regularly. They shouldn’t study for exams at the last minute. They should avoid stress. They should sleep well and eat healthy food before exams. They should do homework. They should listen to their teachers carefully. They should ask their teachers for help if necessary.
10. Sınıf İngilizce Ders Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 21
A. Look at the picture. What do you think the teacher and his students are talking about?
B. Read the conversation and check your answer. Then read again and fll in the gaps with the correct proverbs.
- Every cloud has a silver lining.
- Knowledge is power.
C. Are there any proverbs with similar meanings in your language?
- Yes. (Her şerde bir hayır vardır. / Her gecenin bir sabahı vardır.)
- Yes. (Bilenle bilmeyen bir olmaz.)